Security & Responsible Disclosure
We consider the security of our systems, and all data controlled by those systems a top priority. No matter how much effort we put into system security, it is still possible that security vulnerabilities are present. We appreciate investigative work into system security carried out by well-intentioned, ethical security researchers. If you discover a vulnerability, however small, we would like to know about it so we can address it with appropriate measures, as quickly as possible. This page outlines the method we use to work with the security research community to address our system security.
Reporting a vulnerability
Please email you findings to email@example.com. We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and are more than happy to play an active role in publication of writeups after the problem is resolved.
Please do the following:
- - Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered. For example only download data that is necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability - do not download any more. Also do not delete, modify, or view other people's data.
- - Do not publish or reveal the problem until it has been resolved.
- - Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties.
- - Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
- - If you act in accordance with this policy, we will not take legal action against you in regard to your report.
- - We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission.